Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thursday Thoughts

Warning: I'm extremely tired and my mind is all over the place tonight so this may involve some rambling and disorganization of thoughts.

- I love the feeling of turning the heat on for the first time.  I don't enjoy the fact that it's freezing outside and that heat is required, but there is something so homey about feeling that heat for the first time after the summer.   When I was little I used to make a little palette by the vent in our bedroom and lay there playing or take a nap.  I've always loved snuggling up to the warmth and feeling like everything is perfect for that little moment in time.  I had to turn our heat on today, because no matter what I turned the air to in the apartment the temperature just kept dropping. When it hit 69 and I was shivering, I gave in and turned the heat on. It's so warm now and I love it!

- My fall market job starts tomorrow. I had hoped to work for Baker during market, but they ended up not needing another paid position.  Since I'm a poor college student, I had to find a job that would pay.  So I'll be working at Lazar Ind again this year.  I worked there last year and enjoyed my time.  I love their products and the people I met were all very nice.  I'm excited to see their new pieces tomorrow and get to see everyone again.  I'll admit, I'm a little nervous though.  I don't know why exactly, I know who I'm meeting, and what I'll be doing (unlike last year) but I still get butterflies in my stomach anytime I have to do new things.  I'm a girl of habit and twists in the routine shake me up a little.  It's ok though, they'll settle down once I get to the IHFC building tomorrow and get in the showroom.

- I started looking for jobs this break and well.....I'm having trouble finding any in the NC area.  I'm hoping design firms just haven't posted their needs online and something will fall into place.  I'm nervous about finding a job.  This is a huge step in life and I need to get one asap.  Please pray that God will put the right job in my path and that I'll be open and brave enough to follow where He calls me.  I know He's got a plan for me, but not knowing it makes me a little nervous.  I trust Him though, I could just use your prayers :)

- Because HPU is still technically on fall break, none of the places to eat on campus are open this week.  That meant I had to go to the grocery store last night and buy stuff to make for breakfast, lunch, and dinner all week.  I have to say however, I'm kind of enjoying cooking.  It's fun when you're not pressured to cook and can make anything you want.  I also really enjoy cooking for people.  This year we do roommate dinners on Wednesday, and since I'm the only one that really cooks in the room, I'm usually in charge of making dinner.  I've really enjoyed it so far.  I made dinner last night (Wednesday) and it was weird not having them here.

-I'm raising money for Haiti right now, and I'm at about $400.  I'm well on my way which is really exciting, but I've got a ways to go!  Thank you to everyone who has supported me so far.  If you'd like to make  a donation to this trip just leave me a comment and I'll tell you how.

- I think I may get a part-time job next semester.  I would like it to be something design related, but I'd take anything.  I need to start saving up some money for when I graduate, because I have no idea where I'm going to end up.  If I end up moving states, or working far enough away from home that I need an apartment, I'm gonna need some money saved up.  I'm hoping I'll have time for one and can find something..fingers crossed.


Ok I think that's all for tonight.  Sorry for the randomness.  I'm heading to bed now, first day of Market is tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment