Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Design Inspiration: Painted Floors

Got an ugly old wooden floor that needs a face lift?  Can't afford to put in a new floor? Well I've got your solution.  Painted Floors.  I know, that sounds odd and maybe even a bit of a stretch for you, but trust me it can be quite beautiful.  And while I know you probably prefer hardwood floors, because lets be honest they are wonderful, this is a new technique worth looking at.

-It's a great way to give your room a new look without dishing out all the money.
-It's also a great twist on a rug.  All you have to do is paint a small area in the pattern of your choice and voila!
- It's a great way to spruce up your space, like an ugly basement, boring laundry room, or craft room that could use some new life.
-Try it in your kid's space. It's durable, and there really isn't much they can do to mess it up. If sealed properly they can spill paint, drinks, or food, and a simple wipe up is all that's required.  It can also make the space colorful and add interest to the space to reflect your children's personalities.
-With the right pattern and color it can be a subtle or a vibrant addition to your room.  Your choice!

Take a look, and see what you think!




 Below: Try it as a runner in your foyer or kitchen.

 Below: Great way to spruce up that boring laundry room.

 Below: My personal favorite. You know my love of yellow but I would LOVE to have this in my design/craft room one day. Beautiful!

Want the look?  Check out these websites for the how to instructions.



No comments:

Post a Comment