Tuesday, October 25, 2011

So Excited!

Guess who's not working tomorrow! Yes folks, that'd be me!  We had so few customers today, since all of Jack's big customers came in early this market, that Jack said he doesn't need me tomorrow.  As sad as I am that I won't get paid for tomorrow, I have to admit I'm a little excited that I don't have to get up super early and sit in the showroom for 8 hours tomorrow. Now I get the chance to actually go through market and enjoy it as a designer should.  Jessica and I are going to explore tomorrow and get into as many showrooms as we can.  I'm excited to see everything new this market and get a little (or a lot) of inspiration for all of my projects this semester.  Market here we come!

And I get paid tomorrow..so that is a little exciting as well :)


Then, I will be heading to good ol' d-town to get some more clothes from home.  I forgot to bring my winter clothes after fall break so I've got to go get those.  There are a few other items I keep meaning to bring back too so they'll be making a trip back with me as well.

On a WHOLE different note:  I think its time to give you the latest update on our Haiti trip. So here's the low down.

Cassie and I will be heading to Haiti on December 27th for 2 weeks.  We'll be staying and working with Dorothy Pearce who runs the Faith Hope Love Infant Rescue.  Dorothy takes in children who are malnourished, nurses them back to health and then returns them to their family.  She also takes in children with AIDs or disabilities that deem them unwanted in their culture.  She gives those children a permanent home or an adoptive family.  She provides all her children with love, care, education, and nourishment both physically and emotionally. I worked with Dorothy last time I went to Haiti and absolutely fell in love with the work she is doing. It is truly inspiring and unbelievable.  There has not been a single day since that trip that I have not longed to return.  When Ethiopia fell through for Cassie and I, and we agreed that God was not calling us there this year, Cassie mentioned trying to go to Haiti.  Things fell together within a week and we can both say 100% this is where God is calling us. We are so excited to see what God will do during our time there.  I have longed for the day to return and cannot put into words how excited I am.  I've talked for years now of feeling called to do missions in Haiti, and God has truly showed his power through this trip.  I cannot wait!

How can you help?  Well we need your prayers.  Please pray for this journey, our safety, our travel,  for the people in Haiti we'll be working with, and for God to prepare their hearts for our trip and ours.  We want to be a light for Him while we are there and we need your prayers.

We also need financial help.  We are both students and it is next to impossible for us to come up with the money on our own.  We need to raise $1700 each and could really use your help.  There is no such thing as too small of a gift.  Every little bit adds up and we truly appreciate it.  So far I've raised about $500, that means I've got $1200 to go.  If you would like to make a donation, just leave me a comment or send me an email (hemria08@highpoint.edu) and I will give you the information on how to do so.  

We're so excited for this journey and thank you in advance for your support.  

No comments:

Post a Comment