Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Rain Rain Go Away

It has been raining non-stop here today.  Now as much as I enjoy a good rain occasionally, I've had my fill today.  I would like to see the sun at least once, and that my friends has not happened today.  To top it off we are now under a tornado watch and I'm in Norton.  I would be in Norton when a tornado hits.

I don't mind the rain so much as I do the side effects.

The wet feet,
The soggy bottoms of your pants,
The soaked car door after trying to get in your car,
The leaky car door that makes my back floor board wet,
My soaked class bags,
The wet umbrella that creates puddles everywhere I go,
The puddles that look harmless until you step into them and they go up to your ankles,

The wetness everywhere!  It's not fun! 

I like to be in bed while it's raining and sleep to the sound of it.  Only problem is I have 3 projects that are due in about 2 1/2 weeks and sleep...well sleep is not an option right now. 

And when HPU built our building, they put a drain pipe straight through my closet so it sounds like an uneven waterfall going through my room while its raining.  I applaud HPU's efforts to be green and reuse rain water, but come on, through my closet?!?!  There's a storage room right beside our apartment, wouldn't it have made more sense to put it there???  I'm just saying!

Ok I feel better now.  I'll go back to doing my projects.

What do you hate most about rainy days?

2 comments:

  1. Wet feet? You need something besides flip flops. Just a suggestion. ~Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I had on closed toe shoes but with the amount of rain we got every walkway was flooded so my feet still got soaked.

    ReplyDelete