Thursday, November 17, 2011

Homemade Delights: Coca-Cola Pork

Thanks to my lovely sister, I now have a crockpot to cook with in our apartment.  Before, I was limited to only two burners and a microwave, but a whole new world of cooking options just opened up!  For our 'family dinner' this week, I decided to try my hand at my mom's Coca-Cola Pork recipe.  Apparently my dad found this recipe a while back on the Coke website (go figure he would be the one to find a recipe that calls for Coke), and it has become one of our family's favorites.  All you need is:
  •  A crockpot
  • Pork Roast, Boston Butt, Pork Shoulder, or Pork Tenderloin (any of them work fine, I say go for the cheapest!)
  • A small bottle of coke
Simply sprinkle salt and pepper onto the pork option of your choice.  Pour Coke into the crockpot until it rises about an inch. For my small crockpot it took around 12oz.  Place the pork into the Coke. The coke will rise to almost cover the pork.  Turn the crockpot on low and let it sit for 8-10 hours.  Once it's finished cooking simply pull it apart and serve!  You can serve it how it is, or sometimes mom will pour barbecue sauce on it.  Both are great and very easy to make!

My first try was a success! Many more crockpot recipes to come soon!

My new platter I painted with Jodi Chesko!

You've got to have some great sides to go along! Clearly my roommates had already dug in before I was able to snag a picture.

Thanks for the crockpot E!


Ps. My babysitting interview is tomorrow! Fingers crossed I will get the job!

No comments:

Post a Comment