Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Haiti Update

Things are moving right along for our trip to Haiti!!  I've gotten in almost $1,000, which leaves me around $600 to go!  Our tickets are booked, insurance purchased, hold harmless forms sent, gifts made, and we're getting excited!! I looked at the countdown today and it said only 50 days, that's crazy! The only thing holding us back now is getting the rest of the money in.  As students we can't come up with $1700 on our own, but because of every one's support, you are making it possible!  The Lord does provide!

I had a dream the other night about our time in Haiti, and it made me miss it so much more.  I cannot wait to return, love on the kids, Dorothy, and her staff, and enjoy a couple of weeks being completely immersed in God's will.  I don't know what He has planned for our time there, and I don't fully know what to expect. However, I know this is where He is calling me and my heart longs to be there every. single. day. I love Haiti, I love Dorothy and the work she is doing, I love the kids she's helping, and I am so excited to share this wonderful trip with my best friend.  It's going to be amazing!

Will you please continue to pray for our trip?  Pray for our travel, safety, and the preparation of our hearts. Pray that the people in Haiti will be receptive to us, that God will use us in ways we haven't though of, that we will get the funds in, and that God will bless our trip according to His will not ours. We need and appreciate your prayers!

Also, will you please prayerfully consider donating to our trip?  Any amount will help and goes a long way towards getting us to Haiti.  If you would like to make a donation simply make a check out to me, Allyson Hemric, and send it to:

833 Montlieu Ave
Campus Box 21104
High Point, NC 27262


Thank you so much to everyone who has supported our trip both financially and through prayer!  We cannot thank you enough, and are truly blessed by your efforts!  50 days and counting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment