Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I'm alive

Yes, I am alive!  Sorry the blog posting has been nonexistent here lately.  I've been getting back into the swing of things at school, trying to get organized, motivated, and on track for the semester.  While I'm not particularly loving my Sociology class, I'm trying to make the best of it.  This is the last general education class I will EVER have to take.  Let me just tell you, that is an AMAZING feeling!  The last class I'll have to write a paper for, the last non-major-related education...amazing I tell you!  Amazing!  Other than that the semester seems like it should be fairly smooth.  I would say easy, but well that would just not be wise.

Our big project this year is very organized and fairly straight forward.  We are designing a building downtown into a proposed new school of art and design for HPU.  I'm actually pretty excited about it because we get to design our dream learning environment.  There have been various things I would have liked to have or changed over the last four years, and the opportunity to propose those options is really fun!  While I don't think High Point will choose any of our designs or actually buy this building, we still get the opportunity to get our ideas out there and possibly have them incorporated into a future building.  Norton has simply outgrown the art majors and we need a bigger space.  Nido will most likely build a new building, but having the school of art and design located in the heart of Market would be invaluable to us design majors.  We'll see what comes of it, but I'm excited for the project and ready to dive in and get started.

For now, life is pretty much the same as last semester.  I'm helping Jessica Deen lead a bible study on campus, which I'm really excited about.  This Wednesday will be my first night teaching.  Fingers crossed it will go well (could use your prayers!).  I'm also job searching full force now.  If I can find something in the DC/Virginia area, Jessica and I are going to get an apartment together.  I had been looking in North Carolina, but so many designers have told me to go to D.C.  Honestly, living with Jessica sounds really fun and after visiting VA I got really excited about possibly living there. I don't know where God is going to take me, but I just keep trekking along and getting my resume out everywhere possible.

My goal for the semester is to enjoy every minute of my last semester and finish with a bang!  Graduation is like 95 days away! Crazzzy!

I promise I'll get back to my regular blogging very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment