Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thank You

I got my thank you cards out this week, which means an official end to my Haiti journey this month.  As I looked through the pictures trying to choose which ones to share with everyone, I was reminded again of how amazing our trip was.  I have been missing those kids, Dorothy, and Haiti every day since I've returned.  While it was not easy being away from home, I felt that Haiti was where God wanted me and that is a feeling you simply can't understand until you've experienced it.  I have felt for years that God was calling me to do full or long-term missions in Haiti. I've thrown the idea around getting various input the past few years, but was still not certain if it was where God wanted me. I went into this trip open and willing to listen to His calling.   I was not sure before our trip of what God wanted me to get out of it.  All I knew was that He wanted me there and I had to go.  Now being on the other side, I can say with certainty that God called me to Haiti this year to replenish and strengthen my love for the people there, and to confirm that missions in Haiti will be a definite part of my future.  I still do not know God's full plans.  I don't know if it's meant to be a full time deal, a long term trip, or if I'm simply meant to travel there as often as possible.  All I know is that there is a love and passion for Haiti in my heart that I couldn't deny even if I tried.  I'm not sure when my next trip will be, but I can promise you it will be as soon as I can.  I simply cannot describe my love for that place and the kids at Dorothy's.  Where, when, and what God wants me to do in Haiti I'm still not sure of, but I'm continually praying that His will, will be done.

For those of you tuning into my blog to read more about my trip, welcome!  There are lots of posts you can read about our time in Haiti.  For now, I want to take a few moments to thank you from the bottom of my heart for supporting our trip.  The love and support that was showered on both Cassie and I was absolutely incredible.  We learned we have a much larger support system than we ever took the time to appreciate.  Your prayers and financial gifts allowed me to follow God's calling and I cannot express my gratitude enough for that.  Trips like these as a student would be next to impossible without support.  Thank you for believing in me enough to help send me to Haiti and follow God's calling.  Thank you for supporting Dorothy and her orphanage.  Thank you for allowing us to bless Dorothy, the kids, and her staff.  I've said it a hundred times, but thank you!  As I said before this trip was incredible and truly blessed Cassie and I in ways we did not expect.

To read more about our trip click here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.

Thank you again!!

2 comments:

  1. Allyson, I add my thanks to your for all who supported you and sent you to us.  You blessed us mightily.  Thanks also for the financial contributions.  Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you as well!  Can't wait to come back!

    ReplyDelete