Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Home

We made it!  After a long 12 hours of traveling and waiting in airports, Cassie and I made it home!  Our flights all went smoothly and our layover times went by quickly.  We almost made a huge mistake by not getting our bags to recheck after going through customs here, but we caught ourselves and solved that problem.  We really did not hit any delays or problems and our bags made it safely.  Thank you Lord!!!

Our trip was absolutely amazing.  As I sit at home tonight, I can't help but miss Haiti already.  Don't get me wrong, I love being home and am glad to be back, but I do miss it.  Those kids grab your heart in a way you can't imagine without experiencing it.  Haiti really is a beautiful country and the work Dorothy is doing is incredible.  I'm still trying to figure out God's plan for my life, which I think was His sole intention for this trip.  While I don't know everything yet or fully understand it all, I think Haiti will be in His future plans for me.  I don't know what He wants me to do there, how long He wants me there, or anything like that, but God has put a special place in my heart for Haiti.  It won't be long before Cassie and I both go back!

A little update on Dorothy's house:  We went house hunting with her on Monday and found a very nice place she could use.  It would allow the kids to have their own floor with separate spaces for boys and girls which she needs.  It also allowed her to have her own little apartment like area as well as a large gathering space for guests of the kids to play.  I think we all thought she would be moving there the next day.  When we called the owner however, he wanted $48,000 a year for the house aka $4000 a month, which was outrageous!  Dorothy could only afford to do $1000 a month and he was not having it.  Needless to say we all got a little stressed, especially Dorothy, trying to figure out what to do within the next five days.  Later that afternoon Gladys, the landlord for Dorothy's current house stopped by.  She had met with the Mayor and he agreed to not tear into her home, only to remove the exterior surrounding wall.  While this still means some light construction, Dorothy and the kids can stay in their house!!!  They will make one wall of the house part of the new exterior wall, which will mean losing a few windows and some outside space, but that's only a small price to pay.  I cannot tell you how excited we, and especially Dorothy, were to get this news.  She can stay in her house!! Praise God!! Thank you all for your prayers, God was truly watching over this situation for her!

For now, I am enjoying the amenities of home.  A hot shower was incredible tonight and I'm looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight.  I've got to head back to school tomorrow, but I'm enjoying my last little bit of time off.  Final semester of college here I come!

Will you please keep my job interview in your prayers?  This could be a huge opportunity and I could use all the prayers I can get.

Thank you all again for your support and prayers for our trip. We could not have done it without you!

Pictures from our trip to come soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment