Monday, October 8, 2012

Memory Lane

I had an incredible weekend!

Honestly, it was one of the best weekends I've had since I graduated.  It was so nice to walk down memory lane as I spent time on High Point's campus with my friends.  As I turned onto campus there was a giant sign that read, Welcome Home.
That's exactly how it felt.  I didn't feel like I was returning as a student, but I felt like it was an extension of my home.  I spent four fabulous years on that campus.  This is the campus where I cried my eyes out and picked myself up after my break up, where I forged the most amazing friendships a girl could ask for, where I spent countless hours in Norton, where I learned to do what I love most.  This is the campus that has truly had a huge impact on shaping me into the woman I am today.  It was a surreal feeling not being a student anymore, but an encouraging and proud moment at the same time.

I felt a sigh of relief when I stepped back into Norton for the first time since graduation.  I was so thrilled to not be one of the students sitting at a CAD computer stressing out over due dates.  At the same time I felt such a sense of pride walking back into those rooms where I once sat.  I remember as a student talking to past graduates and counting down the days until that moment would be mine.  I finally got to experience it, and boy was that a great feeling!! I had made it.  I survived Norton.  Until you've gone through design school, you'll never be able to truly appreciate how I felt, but trust me it's a great feeling!!

It was also so nice to catch up with my friends again.  While I didn't get to see everyone, I got to spend a good amount of time with my roommates from last year.  Goodness have I missed those girls!! We all have such a great relationship. We can sit and talk/laugh for hours and not even realize the time that's gone by.  I so badly miss our long crazy late night chats in room 409, but I got to enjoy a little taste of it again this weekend.  I love them and miss them so very much!

Not only was visiting the school and my friends wonderful, getting to enjoy the area again was great! I had forgotten how much I missed High Point.  To have three major cities within a 30 minute drive, lots of your friends close by, and all your favorite places in one area again, is wonderful!  I even got to go back to the church I attended when I went to High Point.  Oh. My. Goodness.  I have missed that church!!  I forgot how much I loved that place.  I always feel so encouraged yet challenged every time I go.  The community is incredible and I love listening to the pastor.  It's probably the only church I've visited where I feel absolutely at home, one with God, and encouraged/challenged to strengthen my walk with Him every time. I would really, REALLY, love to get a job and move back to High Point.  It's hard to explain, but it's where I really feel like I should be.  Maybe that will all work out.

I am truly blessed.

Happy Monday Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment