Friday, October 19, 2012

Friday Free-For-All

I am proud to announce that I have reached the 10,000 view mark on my blog!! 

Not only was the 10,000 mark hit, you all made the 10,000th view on my 200th post!!!  I'd say that's pretty impressive!  That means if this were a perfect world and everything averaged out correctly, I've had 50 views on each of my posts!  That's incredible!

I started this blog in June of 2010 with the intent to heal my broken heart and have a place to spill out all of my thoughts.  I never in a million years would have guessed that people would actually read it, take time to invest in getting to know me through my words, or that I would be sitting here today healed of the broken-heartedness that began this blog 2 1/2 years ago.   People I don't even know have taken time out of their lives to read a little bit about mine.  It's crazy for me to even think about that, yet so encouraging!  I've had readers in Germany, Russia, Australia, India, Brazil, Latvia, and that's just to name a few.  Technology is a truly incredible thing, and I am so thankful to have such faithful readers who not only care about my life but have encouraged me so much over the last couple of years.  Thank you so much for your kind words and giving me the push I've needed, over and over, to pick myself up and keep going.  You'll never fully know how much that means to me.  But thank you, 10,000x!

What's to come for the next 2 1/2 years?  Well, you'll have to stay tuned to find out, but I hope it will only grow and become more of what it is today.  I will maintain the personal side of my blog, as I find it very therapeutic to write out my thoughts.  I also hope to increase the amount of blogging I do, on design topics/tips/ideas etc.  I hope the next 2 years will be filled with wonderful memories, limited brokenness, and lots of joy for me to share with you!

In a more true Friday Free-For-All post let me update you with the happenings of my life the past couple of days:

-Yesterday I had an interview that went really, REALLY, well.  But that's all I'm going to say for now because I don't want to jinx it!  More to come on this soon!

-Last night I went to the State Fair with Erin & Stephen.  I learned that it's not as much fun as I remember growing up, but the Fair will probably always remain on my must-do list each year.  I'm a sucker for traditions.

-I learned that fried foods are simply not as enticing when they cost $6 a pop.  Same goes for the rides at the fair.  I paid $5 to ride the ferris wheel, but that's all the money I could stand to dish out!

-Speaking of money spent at the fair, I got out of there spending only a whopping 12 bucks!  That's got to be some kind of record! ($3 of that I could have saved if I had looked at how many tickets the ferris wheel would require before I bought them.  Oh well!)

-Tonight Erin & Stephen are coming over for dinner, because mom misses them!  As Erin and I say, this simply adds to our on-going joke that she is the favored child around these parts!

Other than those few points, that's about all that's been happening around here!

Oh for all of you wondering about the giveaway....it will be posted on my blog the beginning of next week!! Stay tuned and you could win some fabulous jewelry!!

Happy Friday!


1 comment:

  1. pray that your interview will pay off. Love reading your blog. Eileen

    ReplyDelete