Thursday, April 5, 2012

Thursday Thoughts: One Month

In exactly one month from right this minute, I will be an official college graduate.  I will probably be packing up the final things in my room, eating lunch with my family, and heading home.  It doesn't seem possible.  As I worked in Norton last night finishing up the phase 4 part of my Senior Seminar project I just sat in disbelief.  This is the last project I will ever work on in Norton.  The last rendering i'll do at the drafting tables, the last all nighters I'll pull in the CAD lab, the last nights of craziness with the design girls. The last everything.  It's such a bittersweet thing to take in.  As much as I hate working late in Norton and the stress surrounding it, I love all the times I've had in there.  I've loved all of our 2am Diner runs, laughing until we cry, the breakdowns, the dancing, the singing, the joy of turning in projects, and everything else that has taken place in that building.  I've met all of my best friends here at HPU in that building.  I'm living with my roommates now because of design.  It ties us together and unites us all in a way that cannot be understood without experiencing it first hand.  While I will not miss the stress I am going to miss HPU and Norton.

It just does not seem possible that I'm graduating college.  I feel like I'm still the sophomore sitting at the drafting tables thinking there is absolutely no possible way I'm going to graduate in this major.  I remember watching the seniors over the last two years work on their senior seminar and now here I stand.  The senior working on my own final project.  It just doesn't seem real.  Meredith and I keep asking what do we do next?  How do we go about life with no more school?  I've been in school for practically my whole life, what's next?  Are we really ready to be out in the real world and take it on ourselves?  I'm not sure.

I have absolutely no clue what's going to happen next.  All of the plans I came up with in my mind have been rearranged and flipped upside down.  It's no longer up to me where I want to go next, I have to trust God will put me where He wants me.  Right now I believe that's in Haiti.  As I've said before I have no clue how to go about that, but I'm following God's call and going where He leads.  I know it will all come together.  I know He has a plan that will blow my wildest expectations. I know He knows my future and will piece it together perfectly.  I may be scared, but I know He will take care of me.  So for now, while I may not know what happens after May 5th, I know right now my job is to finish this project and graduate strong.  Even though I'm a little terrified.


For now, this is my job:



The last hand renderings I'll do in Norton....crazy.

"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."   Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment