Monday, April 9, 2012

Haiti Trip Update

I just realized it has been a while since I gave you an update on our upcoming trip to Haiti.  Our letters are sent out, dates have been set, arrangements have been made, and the money is starting to come in.  We set our final dates to May 21-31, and we will be staying at Dorothy Pearce's house again.  I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am to get on that plane and fly to Haiti.  The first thing I want to do is get out of that truck, give Dorothy a big hug, and then go wrap my arms around little Johnny and all of the other kids.  I cannot wait to see their faces light up with excitement, to show Richardson and the girls some surprises we're bringing for them, and to sit down with Dorothy and catch up.  I know God is calling me to Haiti and I am so very excited to see how He is going to use this trip.  Dorothy is going to try to introduce me to some other ministries while we are down there, and I am looking forward to talking to both her and Katie about how they made the move.  My mind is almost always on Haiti and trying to figure out the logistics of moving to another Country.  The support from my family and friends has been amazing.  I was worried my family may be hesitant about the idea, but they have all welcomed it with open arms and are supporting me 100%.  I don't know the specifics of God's plan yet, but it is such a wonderful feeling to experience his guidance.  To know that He is calling me, a fresh from college 22 year old, into ministry is hard to believe at times, but it is also the most incredible thing to experience.  I never thought growing up that I'd be the missionary the church was sending or supporting, yet here I am.  I am beginning what will probably be the most difficult yet rewarding path in my life and I am so excited to see what God is going to do with it.

Right now my goal is to finish raising the money for our upcoming trip and to continue talking with my contacts in Haiti.  I could really use your support and prayers in this journey.  I still need to raise $600 for my trip in May and when the time comes to make the move I will need financial supporters. Most of all I need your prayers right now.  Please pray that God will continue to open up doors for me in this journey. That I would be open and willing to go and do whatever He calls me to do. Please pray that my eyes and ears will remain open to hear and follow his calling. Please pray for me as I try to understand and organize the logistics of this trip.  Pray that God will show me exactly where He wants me and that He will provide the way to get there.  I cannot do this alone.  It is only through Christ's power that this journey will be made possible, and I ask that you will pray with me as it unfolds.



If you would like to support my upcoming trip to Haiti you can mail a check made out to Allyson Hemric at:

833 Montlieu Ave Box 21104   
High Point, NC 27262


I cannot thank you enough for your prayers and support for all of my trips over the last few years.  Your support means the world to me and this journey would not have been possible without you.  From the bottom of my heart, Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment