Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thursday Thoughts: Job Update: Not the Answer I Was Hoping For

Well I guess it's time that I update you on the job situation.

I originally had a long post written to share with you about how I'm feeling and the things going through my head, but I knew it would only lead to everyone under the sun putting in their two cents.  I'm simply not in the mood for any of that.

All you need to know is that I'm 98% sure I was not chosen for the Schumacher position.  They took the job posts down and are no longer answering or returning any of my calls.  In my experience, that means I was not chosen.

People keep asking what my plan is now, and every time I get that question my heart sinks into my stomach.  I don't have a plan anymore.  I can't find any design positions that I haven't already applied for. Literally, all of the job search links are purple now because I have applied to every. single. one.  I've exhausted my resources, and have decided that design is simply not where I'm meant to be right now, maybe ever.  I'll have to find something part-time working minimum wage, and as much as I absolutely hate that idea, I'm out of options.

I'm disappointed, frustrated, and feeling pretty defeated.

Thank you to everyone who has prayed for me and this whole job situation.  I really do appreciate it, I guess this just wasn't where I was meant to be.

1 comment: