Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Oh You Know...

Nothing too exciting happening around here the past few days.  I've just been working away at camp, anxiously awaiting Wednesday afternoon when I get to be reunited with three of my best friends!  I'll be driving up to Maryland Wednesday afternoon to have dinner with my roommates from last year.
 I just realized this is the most recent roommate picture we have which was from last year.  
I'll have to fix that this weekend!!

Then I'll be heading to the beach for the weekend with Jessica Rose.  For those of you who do not know, I have a huge dream to see a blue whale, in person, in the wild before I die, and because Jessica is SUCH a great friend, she jumped at the opportunity to snag a GroupOn deal for whale watching in Maryland! To say I was excited at the news would be an understatement!  While they cannot guarantee that we'll see a whale, I'm REALLY hoping we will!  I cannot wait!  Plus, not only do I get to go whale watching with one of my best friends, I get to spend a wonderful 4 days at the beach with her and her family.  I'm so excited! What's not to love?!

On another note, I've got even more exciting news to share with you!

Wait for it......

I'm going to Haiti again!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's right folks, I have been blessed with the opportunity to take my third trip to Haiti this year.  Cassie, and Jessica will be joining me again, along with Amanda Cutts, my mom, and about 15 other people from our church!  We'll be joining Jim & Debbie Hambrick at their new compound, assisting them with various projects, spending time at Dorothy's, and working on a bunch of other little things!  I am so excited to travel with a team again.  As much as I love going ourselves and the freedom it creates, I also love the unity and spirit that comes when you're a part of a team.  I'm excited to share my love for Haiti with my mom first hand, as she'll get to see everything I love about the Country.  I'm excited to share the experience again with Cassie and Jessica, because who wouldn't love to share such an amazing trip with their two best friends!  I cannot wait for the new opportunities God will open up for me and the team while we are there and I cannot wait to see what exactly He has in store!  Last time I got back from Haiti I was still very confused about where/if I was supposed to move down there.  I'm hoping working with some other organizations will open more doors and lead me down the path I'm supposed to go on. December 29th I get to step back into one of my favorite Countries and spend another 7 days loving on the people there!  It's going to be amazing!

The job search, unfortunately, is still going...going...and well...going.  I feel like I have applied for every possible opening I can find, and have heard next to nothing.  God is truly pushing me to grow in my Faith and patience.  To say I'm having to depend on Him completely is an understatement.  In three two & 1/2 weeks I will not have a job unless something comes through here pretty soon.  To say I'm stressed would put it lightly.  I have no idea what I'm going to do after August 17th.

Absolutely. No. Clue.

How is it that I'm not moving back into college in a few weeks?  It's weird I tell ya.  Just weird.

So yeah... that's about all happening in my life at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment