Thursday, July 5, 2012

Guilt Free Deliciousness

After being on this exercise journey for a few weeks, and finally getting back into a routine, I decided it was time to start getting back on track with how I eat as well.  At school my favorite dinner was stir-fry at the Cafe.  I love that I could get a large portion of vegetables and protein in such a healthy meal.  Tonight I decided to make my own and it was oh so delicious!

I started by cutting up my favorite stir-fry vegetables:  onions, bean sprouts, corn, carrots, peas, zucchini, and mushrooms.  Sautéed them in a little bit of extra virgin olive oil and added some chicken.


I then added a bag of brown multi-grain rice (after I drained it) to the mixture.  I used the boil-in-a-bag rice because it's the only way I can get brown rice to cook properly.  I then let that mixture saute for a few minutes so that the rice would not become soggy when the sauce was added.


Once some of the wetness cooked out of the rice, I added 2 tablespoons of sesame sauce to the mixture for flavor.

Let it cook for a few more minutes until everything was warm all the way through. Then simply serve and enjoy!


A healthy, vegetable, and protein filled meal, with a fruit serving for right around 400 calories.  It's delicious and oh so filling!  

No comments:

Post a Comment