Saturday, December 3, 2011

Soldier Shout Out

I just had one of the best weekends ever.  Three of my best friends from home came to HPU to stay the weekend with me.  I had been telling Kevin about High Point for awhile so it was exciting for him to finally get to come visit.  The best part however, is that Todd's 10 days home from Basic fell during this weekend.  I had hoped he'd be able to be here for this weekend, but never actually expected it to happen.  It was SO much fun getting to catch up with everyone, and hang out with Todd for a few days before he goes back.  Our weekend was filled with lots of laughs, games, story telling, and more laughs.  I love all three of them and have so much fun when we get together.  It was a much needed break from design and a well overdue reunion.  It was my favorite weekend this semester, we had a blast.

Saying goodbye today however was harder than I expected. I've never known anyone in the service or experienced having to say goodbye to a friend for such a long time.  I am so very proud of Todd for what he's doing and support him 1000%, but saying goodbye is not fun. We have all gotten so close and it's weird to think we can't just pick up the phone and talk to him whenever we want now.  Once he gets to California he'll be able to stay in touch, but for the next month or so we won't get to talk to him.  My friends mean the world to me and I love to keep in touch with everyone.  Having to say goodbye for such a long time is a new experience for me. However, our Country would not be what it is today without people like Todd.  I'm so thankful for all the men and women who are willing to serve our Country and put their lives on the line for us.  It's a sacrifice I never fully understood until now, and it makes me SO much more grateful for all the soldiers and their families. I'm blessed and honored to call a Marine one of my best friends. I'm so proud of and thankful for you Todd! We are all going to miss you and I can't wait to hang out again! Please be careful and come home safe! We will all be praying for you!




I truly have the best friends in the entire world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment