Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Tuesday Thoughts: Loving this day.

    I woke up this morning not feeling very well and dreading the full day of classes ahead of me.  However (because of my goals :)) I forced myself out of the bed and went to class.  My teacher ended up not lecturing very long (which rarely happens) and we got over 2 hours to work on our Wrenn project in class. I was thrilled because working on the project distracted me from thinking about how I was feeling and I got a lot of work done.  Ms. Nowicki, my teacher, approved my basement floor plan and I was cleared to move to the next step, YAY!  Once that class ended I headed to lunch with 2 of my favorite ladies and enjoyed a nice relaxing hour with them.  I still wasn't feeling too good so I decided to skip my next class and come lay down for an hour. I knew I'd never get through the rest of the day if I didn't lay down and sleep for a little while.  Luckily, I woke up and was feeling much better.  I think my body was shutting down due to lack of sleep here lately.  I went to my last class, reviewed for my test on Thursday and then headed to the CAD lab to work on Wrenn some more.  

And this is where my day became A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.!!!

We were just working along and Ms. Nowicki came into the room.  She could tell we were stressed out and started asking random questions about how we felt about the due dates, if we thought we could get it done, etc.   She left the room and stood outside of the door talking to Dr. Dull for a few minutes.  She then proceeded to walk back into the room and announce that her and Dr. Dull, due to complaints and unforeseen complexities in this project, decided to move our due date to the end of the semester instead of fall break.

That means I just went from having 2 weeks to finish this project to over 2 months!!!!!  

I honestly did not believe I could finish this project in 2 weeks and had just accepted that some parts may not get completed.  Now I can take my time, perfect my project, and turn in an incredible presentation at the end of the semester.   I cannot even begin to explain to you how rare and exciting this is for us!!! Due dates are NEVER flexible.  They are set in stone, we suck it up, stay up late, push through it, and finish it.  That is how we have worked for the past 3 years, and it is SO nice and rewarding to finally have a teacher realize how stressed out we are, and actually do something about it.  I AM ECSTATIC! 

From there my day got even better.  We worked in CAD for a few more hours, left around 6:30 (the earliest i've been out of there all week) and decided we'd cook dinner and have a movie night we've been trying to have for weeks.  So we got our supplies, and I made dinner (fried Chicken, macaroni and cheese, and peas) for all of us.  We ate, slowly without dreading the return of Norton, and enjoyed a wonderful night in watching Bridesmaids (which is hilarious if you haven't seen it yet!).  

I have just loved this day.  I love these girls and getting to finally enjoy time with them outside of Norton.  There is nothing better than a night full of laughing with your best friends to top off your week! Thank you guys so much for your prayers, they were definitely answered!  Now I'm off to bed and going to enjoy every minute of being asleep before 2am!!!


On a random note:  Here is a picture of the building we are designing in case you were curious or wanted a better scope of our project. 
Also, we've almost finished decorating our room! Pictures to come very soon!



Happy Tuesday!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment