Sunday, September 11, 2011

Never will we forget.

All day images, stories, and videos of 9/11 have raced across the TV and through my mind.  All day I've found myself feeling similar feelings to the day it happened.  It's hard to believe that 10 years ago today, something so tragic occurred.  It doesn't seem real that 10 whole years have passed so quickly.



 I was in 6th grade when it happened.  I remember taking a test and my teacher coming into the class in tears.  She told us to put our pencils down that we would not be continuing the test.  They pulled out the old TV cart and turned the channel to the news.  And we sat...  Watching.  Confused.  Worried.  Scared.  Lost.  I remember the utter disbelief I felt.  I remember being really confused about why it was happening and why someone would do that to people.  We went along with the rest of our day in kind of a haze of disbelief.  I remember my aunt picking us up from school and telling us my Uncle Don was ok.  I remember in that moment feeling the weight of what had just happened settling in.  I hadn't put it together that my Uncle worked in NY and could be part of this.  It was in that moment when I found out he was ok that I understood the horror of that day.  The rest of our day was spent watching the TV as those images played over and over again.  The feeling I got every time they showed the planes hitting, people jumping, or the towers falling are something I will never forget.  As I watched those tapes play again today I felt like the same 6th grade girl sitting on my sofa. I'm still confused and burdened with what those families must go through.  My heart breaks for everyone who lost a loved one that day.  They will NEVER be forgotten.

And for all the heroes of this day 10 years ago, all I can say is thank you times 100.  Thank you for your bravery, courage, and strength to step in that day.  Thank you for putting your life on the line for them.  Thank you to all the men and women that serve our Country every single day to protect us.  Thank you for your willingness to help.  Your efforts do not go unnoticed.  Our Country thanks and salutes you today.



My prayers go out to all the families that lost a loved one. I pray for your strength, healing, and comfort in this time.  And for all the soldiers out there my prayers also go out to you.  I'm praying for your strength, safety, and courage.  God bless you all!


God Bless America. 9/11/11

1 comment:

  1. I remember picking you and Erin up from school and going home with you and watching it all with y'all. I remember having the feeling of I need to do something, but I don't know what to do. Helpless. Watched way more than I should have yesterday on TV. I was surprised how sad it made me again. I have a friend from high school who lost her husband that day in the WTC. He was on the 104th floor. Praise God she at least got to talk to him before . . . 10 years later and I still hold my breath until I hear from John that he's gotten to where ever it is he's flying to. Love you!!
    ~Wendy

    ReplyDelete