Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Goals update

About a week ago, I listed out some of my goals for this year.  I have accomplished some of them and fallen short on others so far.  So in an attempt to keep myself accountable, I thought I'd share a quick update.

  • In the last few weeks I found a great church in this area.  I've visited about three times so far and have really enjoyed it.  Stephen and Erin's good friend Blaine goes to this church and they let me tag along with them each week.  It's been really nice having someone to go to church with every week in an environment where I can spend time worshipping God.  We have a couple of other girls that join us and I am really enjoying getting to know all of them.
  • I also joined a bible study on campus last week.  Jessica, Blaine's girlfriend, leads it and invited me to join. It has been great so far.  The girls are all super sweet and I think it is going to be a great experience to be involved in.   I'm also going this sunday to try out the church's college group.  I love having the more personal bible study group on campus, but am excited to have a large group to join at the church too.  I'm really excited about what God has in store for me this year. I'm off to a great start, and really want to make sure I keep my relationship with him as priority #1.
  • I did plan a budget, but as usual, I find myself struggling to stick to it.  I'm having to remind myself daily to be responsible with my finances this year.  That means only buying the stuff that is necessary, even though the wants are so much more fun to buy.
  • So far I'm staying pretty organized. However, I have not done so well about not procrastinating.  I've always known papers are not my strong point, but I decided that I am absolutely terrible about writing them on time.  I will do a project any day, but give me a paper and I will wait until the absolute last minute to write it.  I do not enjoy the formal, strict, graded version of writing.  I like to let my thoughts flow (as I'm sure you can tell) when I write. I hate having to stick to a format and stress grammar more than the content itself.  So far I am not doing well.  I actually have one due tomorrow at 9:15am and I'm writing this instead.  I'm telling you: I HATE WRITING PAPERS!!!
  • I have not made it to bed by midnight every night, but I do make it in bed before 1am.  I'm working really hard to make sure I get enough sleep this year.  It's crucial to my success on projects.
  • As far as graduating.  Well I'm working on it.  
  • And as far as the mission trip goes I'm still working on that too.  I'm kind of torn right now on what to do about Ethiopia and could really use your prayers on the situation.  
  • Working out has not happened this week.  I feel like I've been running in circles with work and class that by the time I get back, I'm too tired to think about working out.  Hopefully I'll get motivated this week.


Well I think that's all for now.   Hopefully this next week will be a little better and I can keep to all of my goals.  I'll keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment