Thursday, May 31, 2012

Home Sweet Home

We made it home!! After waking up at 6am this morning, 2 flights, and a 5 hours layover in Miami, we made it back to Raleigh around 7:30pm.  We were both so excited to be back, but also a little sad to say goodbye again.  We spent yesterday playing with the kids and loving on them as much as possible before we had to leave.  I gave them all lots of hugs and kisses, and promised I'd be back soon.  While I don't know how much they understood, I know they all know we love them.  Plus, they remembered us from last time, so we must have made a pretty good impression!  These last ten days have flown by, and while there were some bumpy parts, we all made it, had tons of fun, and would go back again!  I love those kids, I love Dorothy and the work she's doing, and I love that Country.

I am so grateful for everyone that helped us get to Haiti, and I'm so grateful for everyone that impacted our time there.  Huge shout out to Dorothy Pearce, Katie Benner, and Samuel Chery for all of their time and love they shared with us this week!  You are all amazing, and we are extremely blessed to call you our friends.  May God bless you in all you do!

While I was sad to say goodbye, I am looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight.  There's no where better than home.  Thanks again to everyone!! I'll update more, finish the hospital story, and post pictures soon!  Sleep and laundry have to come first though!

Goodnight everyone and thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment