Tuesday, June 8, 2010

What a roller coaster of a day...

This has been quite a challenging day. I have been yelled at, threatened, apologized to, and even given a second chance. Wasn't the day i was expecting to say the least.

Before I get to the good part of my day, let me first say a few things.
  1. I have never, and will never claim that I am perfect and get everything right. I know I screw up just as much as everyone else.
  2. I am a Christian, but that does not mean that I don't act ungodly sometimes, or do things that don't please the Lord. I am still human, I struggle, and make mistakes just like everyone else and I am aware of that. However, because I am a Christian I know that God forgives me for these actions if I ask him. It's not fair to expect me to never fail just because I am a Christian. It doesn't work like that.
  3. In no way shape or form was anything I have written meant to tear down, or hurt anyone. I am simply writing down what I have been through so that one day maybe it can help someone else. I simply needed a place to get my thoughts out. So if anything I said hurt you in any way shape or form, I am sorry and that was not at all my intention.
  4. I'm doing the Proverbs 31 challenge because I am fully aware that I am not as strong as I could be. If I got everything right, there would be no need for this challenge. I know God needs to strengthen me in a lot of ways and that is why I am doing this.

Now to the good part of my day:
A few months ago I started dating this guy named Chris. I really liked him and we got along great, but when I left school, the long distance made things pretty difficult. We ended up calling things off, and for the last few weeks we haven't spoken at all. I'll be honest, I was pretty disappointed when things ended between him and I, but I respected his wishes to be left alone. However, I really haven't gone a day without thinking about him. Then today, after all of this drama, hurt, and pain, things turned around. He called me and asked how things were going (perfect timing, thank you Lord!), said he would like to be friends, apologized for how things ended, and said maybe we could try things again when I got back to High Point. I can't even explain how perfect this timing was. I had literally just spent an hour crying out to God asking for His comfort, strength, and guidance, begging him to get me through this somehow. And when Chris called, (as cheesy as it may sound), it was like God was saying I see you. I don't know where things will go between Chris and I, but I am excited to call him my friend again. I'm just going to take things slow and trust that God will lead me where he wants me. Thank you Lord for providing me hope and friendship in the midst of my pain. Thank you for seeing me!



" 'I know the plans I have for you,' says the Lord. 'They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.' " --- Jeremiah 29:11

"As soon as I pray, you answer me; you encourage me by giving me strength." --- Psalm 138:3


No comments:

Post a Comment