Tuesday, June 8, 2010

How I Did It: Part 1

One of the inspirations and goals behind writing this blog was to not only share my story, but to hopefully help someone else get through the pain of heartbreak one day too. I remember when my ex and I first broke up, I kept wishing, asking, and begging for someone to tell me how to get through this pain. I needed someone to tell me where to start. All the advice I kept getting was time. "Time will heal all," "It just takes time." One person even told me "It takes 6 months to get over every year you were with someone, so you just have to push through it." What?? Are you kidding me?!? That would mean I'd have to deal with this for 2 1/2 years!! That quite frankly, was not optional. I knew it would take time, but I needed a way to get through that time. I was grateful that I had people who cared and wanted to help me out, but I needed a little bit more. I needed someone to give me that first stepping stone.

So now that I've worked my way through most of the pain and found a way to get through this, I figured I might as well write down what I did. Maybe it will help someone else, maybe I'll be pulling this out for my own kids one day. I don't know how God will use this, but I figure if I can give someone hope and help them out of their pain, then I should.
So, I'm going to post a series of the steps I took throughout the next few days. Most of these steps overlapped with each other, but I have to split them apart so you're not reading a 5 page paper lol. And as a disclaimer, these are the steps I took, they may not all work for you and I'm sure there will be steps you add to your own process. This is just meant to give you somewhere to start. After all, everyone was right, it does take time, and you will have to find and push your way through this. My goal is to just give you a place to start and to find hope of a happier future. I'm getting through it, you will too!



"All praise to God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us." --- 2 Corinthians 1:3-4


No comments:

Post a Comment