Sunday, May 25, 2014

Happy Dance!

If you haven't heard already…. I got the all clear from my doctor on Thursday!!!!!

Whooooooohooooo!!!

Yayayayaya!

(insert happy dance)

I was so stinkin' excited!  He checked my incision, turned around, and shook my hand to let me know I was all done!  That was by far my best check up yet :)

4 months, 10+ packs of gauze pads, 8 rolls of gentle paper tape, too much antibiotic cream, 3 doses of antibiotics, a little bit of lavender essential oil, and I am finally healed from surgery!  Thank the Good Lord!!

This also meant I got to start swimming again this week!  First thing I did after work on Thursday was head to the pool.  It felt so good to get back in the water.  I could tell with every movement and lap that it had clearly been 4 months since my last swim, but I didn't care.  It just felt good to get moving again. I was only able to do 10 laps in 30 minutes (about half of what I had been doing) but it was the best 10 laps ever!!

My piece of Heaven today :)

I was able to go swimming again today after church, and got up to 18 laps in 45 minutes!  That's much closer to where I was pre-surgery.  It amazes me how quick my body can get back into swimming now.  My goal is to get back to doing at least 20 laps for 45 minutes, 2-3x/week.  I'd love to get up to swimming a mile each time (which is certainly attainable) but it will probably take a few weeks.

I'm just so happy to be cleared and able to swim again.  I forgot how good I feel after a good cardio workout.  Plus it's helping to strengthen all those back muscles again, which is huge!! And hey, maybe I can get that fitness goal on track now.  I've put on wayyyy more weight than I wanted to during this recovery.  It's time to get all of that (and more!) off!!!

Thank you all so much for praying over my recovery!

And just for fun, can we all take a moment to appreciate how cute this sweet little puppy dog is?!?


Happy Memorial Day Weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment