Tuesday, February 25, 2014

2014 Goals


This post probably should have been written closer to New Years, but I kept putting it off.  Every year I think of some things I'd like to accomplish, but rarely actually see them through.  I think most of that comes with the fact that there's no accountability.  If no one knows I'm trying to pursue something, then there's no grief or embarrassment of failure when I don't complete it.

This year, I'm hoping to end that unhealthy cycle and actually work to accomplish some specific goals.  One way I can help keep myself accountable is by sharing my goals with all of you.  If anyone on the great world wide web can see my goals then I have quite a bit of accountability to keep me motivated! Plus, it's helped in the past to blog about my progress as a means of self-accountability (and it gives me something to write about when writer's block hits :-) )

So here goes.. My goals for 2014 (in no specific order):


  • Enhance my photography knowledge
      • Learn how to take better pictures
      • Document life more often through photography with my new camera!
      • Organize my photo files on the computer
  • Improve my overall fitness level
      • Lose 50 pounds by the end of the year (a little over a pound a week starting now)
      • Strengthen my back and core
      • Take up a new form of fitness 
      • Make it a point to do some form of physical activity at least 30 minutes/day
  • Improve my quiet time
      • Begin working my quiet time into my morning routine instead of always doing it at night
      • Start a new devotional
  • Decrease the overall time I spend on social media each day
  • Begin pursing my dream of becoming a wedding planner
      • Study and learn more specifics of the industry
      • Explore wedding planning agencies in the area
  • Become a better reader
      • Read at least two books this year (this may sound silly, but for someone who NEVER reads, this is a big goal!)
  • Become more responsible and aware with my financial planning
      • Create a budget
      • Save more/spend less
      • Start saving for future needs/dreams - like a new car!
      • Continue to improve my organization of ministry finances 
      • Pay off all interest on my student loans and increase my payments above the required amount as much as possible
  • Blog more!


So there you have it.  My rather long and ambitious list of goals for this year.  I may not get every single thing done, but I certainly want to try and complete them all on some level! Keep a lookout for future posts on my progress!

1 comment:

  1. I need to spend less time on social media too...still working on how to be intentional about that one!

    ReplyDelete