Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Broken World: Prayers for Boston

I don't think I will ever get used to watching news clips of hateful terrorist attacks on people.  My heart breaks after every clip.  Every second.  For every family that has to endure such a tragic occurence.

I don't understand how people can be so full of hatred that they would want to take the life of another human being. 

Days like today, where I sit and watch clips of the Boston bombings, make me take a step back and remind me to be thankful that I serve a God that is bigger than any of this.  I will never forget watching the twin towers fall, the Sandy Hook parents as they searched for their children, and the looks of fear on those who were in the bombing today. 

Each event reminds me that this world is truly broken.  We unfortunately live in a world full of sin and it makes people do outrageous things sometimes.

At the same time, as I sat and watched the events unfold today, I had to remind myself to look at the good that was also taking place.   The runners who completed the race and then went to the hospital to give blood.  The innocent bystanders who rushed to do whatever possible to help those who were injured.  The first responders & medical personnel who didn't think twice and jumped into action to save lives.   For a President that openly said he and this country will be praying for everyone tonight.

It is so easy to get lost in these tragedies and feel complete despair.   I am so thankful that I serve a God who I can turn to in prayer and that He hears me immediately.  I am so thankful for his love, grace, comfort, guidance, protection, and peace he provides to each of us every day.  It looks different for everyone, but our God is so much bigger than any terrorist attack.

He loves us so deeply & that is what gets me through days like today. 

My heart, thoughts, and prayers go out to everyone involved in today's tragedy.  You are not alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment