Monday, January 7, 2013

God Moments: Haiti


I've been trying to think of the right words to share with you about our trip to Haiti.  I posted early in the week, but as the week went on, I found it harder to write.  I couldn't find the words to do justice to what God was doing in my life.  Every day I felt more blessed, challenged, and encouraged than I ever had before.  The Lord truly pushed me way out of my comfort zone this past week. While not every step was easy, they were all needed and abundantly encouraging in the end.  I knew God had plans for me this week, I just never imagined they would be this big.  I never thought I'd leave with such powerful new formed friendships that feel like they've always been in my life.  I never thought he would put me in contact with people who weren't afraid to bluntly yet lovingly push me to go further each day.  I never thought God would break my heart in so many ways for His people in Haiti each day.  This trip was more powerful, more fulfilling, more challenging, and harder to leave than any trip I've ever taken before. It's so difficult to wrap up everything that happened in one or two posts.  I think I could write 20 posts and still not do justice to how incredible God was this week.  However, I am going to try.

My favorite part of each day while we were in Haiti was sharing our "God Moments" with the team at night.  We went around the table and shared about how God worked in our lives that day; sharing any moments that stood out.  We shared about challenging, heart-warming, heart-breaking, God inspired, and even laughter filled moments each night.  I was so encouraged to hear how God was working through my team members.  This time also challenged me to be more deliberate about paying attention and recognizing God's work in my life each day.  It's so easy to overlook the small and sometimes big things He does each day.  I loved that we were pushed to focus on those moments, remember them, and share them to encourage each other every night.

So, in an attempt to summarize my week in Haiti, the next few posts will share some of my standout most memorable God moments of the week.

What was your God moment today?  Did you have any "ah ha!" moments with God?  Did He push you do to something new?  Think about it for a few minutes. You'll find once you realize one God moment from today, He will reveal even more to you.

I simply cannot thank all of you enough for your support, financial assistance, and prayers over the last week. You will never truly know how much it means to me and how much you blessed my life.  Even if you didn't physically join us on this trip, each and everyone of you were a part of it.  Thank you for loving and believing in me enough to send me to Haiti.  I am eternally grateful to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment