Monday, May 30, 2011

Before and After: Adam's room

My cousin Adam decided a few months ago, that he was ready to take his room from little boy themed to a teenage grown up room. My aunt asked if I would help with this transition by painting and getting new bedding for his room, and of course I said yes. Adam originally told me he wanted a Florida Gators blue bedroom. Dee and I were both reluctant, but it's his room so we went with it. I quickly drew out the room on SketchUp and played with different colors going along with the Florida Gators idea. When he saw what I had come up with, he almost instantly decided not to go the Florida route, in fear that it would become another themed room. (Dee and I were both a little relieved at that point). So we started talking about other color options, and I tried to get an idea of what he wanted his room to be like. When he saw the color I had painted my room, he fell in love and instantly decided to go with grey. So, I got the paint, bought the bedding, picked out some fabulous curtains, and got to work. After 4 very LONG days of painting and setting up, this was the result:

Before:




After:








After 4 days, 3 gallons of paint, some new bedding and curtains, and I think I succeeded!






1 comment: