Thursday, March 12, 2020

Back to work!

I officially started back to work today!  My morning started with a VERY early 8am team meeting, followed by a meeting with my manager to catch up on everything.  I was out for 5 weeks, which is basically an eternity when you work for a start up company. There were a lot of changes while I was out, so I was a little worried going in today about the learning curve to catch up.  Thankfully, I work with a fantastic team and I hadn't missed as much as I thought and I will be able to get back up to speed fairly quickly. It was also so nice having that team meeting on my first day back - it really helps to energize me when we all come together for trainings and get some time out of the field.

Overall, today was much easier on me physically and mentally than I expected.  The 6am wake up call to get to work by 8am was rough, but that has nothing to do with the surgery - this girl just LOVES her sleep, haha! Around 12:30pm I was able to come back home to break for lunch and then spent the afternoon here combing through emails and various messages I received while on leave.  Don't be fooled though, once I clocked out for the day I immediately enjoyed a much needed nap on the couch! Tomorrow will consist of continuing the same catch up processes, with quite a few online training modules I need to complete.  I am very thankful to have a slow start back into work, and am looking forward to next week as I resume normal pace. 

Thank you to everyone who checked in today, and over the last few weeks.  It feels so good to get back to "normal" and find my routine again.

No comments:

Post a Comment