Monday, December 9, 2013

Christmas is Coming!

Despite the fact that it is 80 degrees with a gorgeous breeze here today, Christmas IS in fact just around the corner and I can barely contain my excitement!!  Christmas means that I get to come home for a few weeks, see family, hang out with my friends, hold my sweet puppy dog, and just be home!  Oh I cannot wait!!!  So soon...so so SOON!!

Our little Haitian Christmas tree I absolutely adore!

As I prepare for my time at home, here is what I am most looking forward to during this little vacation from Haiti:

  • Seeing my family!! 
  • Holding my sweet puppy dog
  • Seeing all of my friends and getting to be part of one of their weddings!! I cannot wait for the wedding weekend!
  • Good food that I don't have to cook, dishwashers, and all the holiday treats that only come once a year :)
  • Worshiping at Grey Stone - I miss my home church so much!
  • Giving everyone their Christmas gifts!
  • Getting a pedicure
  • Washing my clothes in my own washer and dryer!
  • Sleeping in my own bed
  • Brushing my teeth with cold water from the faucet
  • And walking around barefoot without getting grossly dirty feet :)

Before heading home though, we've got a pretty busy weekend ahead of us! HFMS is hosting the KOFAEL Christmas party this Sunday, which I'm also very excited about!! All of the ladies are bringing their kids, we're making sugar cookies for them to decorate, we'll have cake, games, and Christmas fun!  We are going to have a packed house but it is going to be SO much fun!  The ladies will also each get a special Christmas gift that Elisabeth is bringing. They are going to be so excited!!

With one of the KOFAEL ladies at the last meeting!

Well, I should probably get back to working on things here.  Christmas is SO soon!

What are you most looking forward to this holiday season?  

No comments:

Post a Comment