Monday, August 27, 2012

Master Bedroom Makeover

A couple of weeks ago my sister's friend, Janice, contacted me for design help on her master bedroom.  She and her husband recently moved into a new home and wanted to update their bedroom from a traditional frumpy purple, to a cleaner more transitional space.  She and her husband had already purchased a set of furniture but wanted to change up the paint and decor.  After consulting on a paint color and getting the furniture in place, Janice and I set out shopping for bedding, window treatments, and accessories for the room.  She wanted something clean, with texture, and in the blue/grey/green family.  We found some beautiful selections from West Elm (a new favored store of mine that just opened at Southpoint, you should check it out!) and got the room all set up.  I really enjoyed working with Janice.  She was very pleased with how the room turned out, as was I, and I believe it will be a great bedroom ensemble for them to enjoy for years to come.  Here are some before, during, and after shots.  Enjoy!

 This is how the previous owner had the bedroom set up and displayed when Janice and her husband bought the house.
 How I first saw the room. (Sorry for the terrible quality I forgot my camera and had to use my phone)
 The master bedroom connected to their private bath which was painted in a beautiful green they wanted to keep.  We chose a blueish/green gray for the bedroom to tie in with the bathroom.
The finished product.  She has a beautiful wedding picture that will be going above the bed soon.




If you, or someone you know, would like design help on their next project let me know.  I am always looking for ways to expand my portfolio and get more design experience.  

Send me an email for more information on the services I offer, pricing information, and ways I can assist in your remodeling projects. 

allysonhemric@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment