Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thursday Thoughts

It's been awhile since my last post, due to the craziness of the last few weeks. I started working at Camp a few weeks ago and it has been a incredible, but challenging ride so far. I was blessed with the opportunity to have a lead position in the Kindergarten and First grade class this year, but I wasn't quite prepared for what all that meant. You see, Kindergarten is new to camp this year, and while I love all the little kiddos in my group, they learn at a much different pace and way than my groups in the past. I have had to challenge myself, and the staff working with me, to grow in patience every day and remain open-minded to new ways of teaching. It's not been easy, but it has been cool to watch these kids learn, develop, and grow over the last 3 weeks. I am happy to say we have finally figured out a system that works wonders, and they are all learning our routine wonderfully!

On another note... Erin's wedding is only 1 month away! We have all been planning and preparing for months, but it still doesn't seem real that she's getting married in a month. I have a hard time believing we're old enough to be at this stage in our lives. It seems like we should still be sneaking out to play in the hospital, playing school, and driving each other absolutely bonkers. But, the time has come. I am so proud of both her and Stephen, and am very excited to have him join our family for good. 30 days and counting!

In 6 days, I will be heading to DC to see Meredith. I told her last year I had never been to DC so we have been planning this trip for months. I am sooo excited to see her and Jessica! Hanging out with them is always filled with lots of laughter, jokes, and good times. I'm also excited about going to the Smithsonian! Meredith always laughs at my dream to see a blue whale in person, and they have one there, so lets just say I'm a little bit excited.


Well I think that's all for now. Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment