Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Plans...or Lack there of

Anyone that knows me, knows that I love having a plan. I like to know what's coming next and what to expect around the corner. I just preferred to be in control. I want things a certain way and have always been determined to get there one way or another. Well during the last year, God has definitely put me in my place on this situation. He took all the plans I made without Him, and erased them. I'll be honest, I fought Him a little while (never a good idea), and struggled to give up that control. But I have come to realize over the last few months that putting God as the center of my plans and following His will for my life is the only thing that will work and bring me joy. I was doing my bible study the other night and read a sentence that took everything I was learning and summed it up into one simple but incredibly powerful sentence.

"God's plans for your life will bring you more joy, than any plan you can come up with on your own."

I had known this for a long time, but to have it written out so simply and boldly was very inspirational. Any time I get scared about not knowing the future, I say this sentence to myself. It's become my reminder to look to God for His guidance, and to remind myself to trust in Him. As scary as it is for me to give up control, I'm doing it because I know His plans are what will bring me ultimate joy. He knows what is best for me. After all, God knows better then anyone what's to come and can help me avoid the bad turns. I'm letting Him take the driver's seat and I trust God will get me where He wants, in His own time, and I trust His plans will bring me to a place where my life is overflowing with joy.


" 'I know the plans I have for you,' says the Lord. 'They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.' " --- Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment