Friday, February 27, 2015

The Great Getaway

That is what I have lovingly named this weekend…The Great Getaway (cue vacation music).

Since starting my job back in August, I really haven't gotten a chance to stop and take a moment to breathe. Things kicked into full gear with work, then the holidays hit, and it's been busy ever since.  I don't say that to complain, because truly I've enjoyed every minute, but I have found myself feeling a little run down the last couple of weeks.  I've taken on some extra responsibilities at work, and even though we've had a couple of snow days recently, I haven't really had a full day off since Christmas. I've also noticed that the introvert in me has been screaming for some solitude lately, and well….being the front line person of contact in an office and living with your parents doesn't give much solitude :).

So, that being said, I decided a couple of weeks ago that I needed a weekend away.  A weekend alone, with no work, no responsibilities, and the freedom to just relax and refocus. I decided I'd come up to Greensboro, one of my favorite cities, stay in a nice hotel, sleep in way too late, watch way too many movies, order a little room service, read a good book, maybe go get a pedicure, dig into the Word, and just get away for the weekend.

And that my friends, is where I'll be until Sunday afternoon.  If you need me…don't call.  I'm safe, I promise! And, if anything happens I'll call mom...But really, I just need the weekend to myself.

Now I think I'll put the "do not disturb" sign out, draw the black out curtains, turn my fan on high, and crawl into this massive king size bed for the next 10-12 hours :). Goodnight!


No comments:

Post a Comment