Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Job & Finances

So far things are going smoothly with the job searching process.  One of the positions I applied for in Charlotte contacted me asking to see my portfolio, and informed me that after reviewing applications they would give me a call to either request an interview or to let me know the position has been filled.  I am still very hopeful for this job, and am praying that God will have it work out as He sees fit.  This would be a great opportunity, and I would love to take the position if it were offered, and if that is where God wants me.  For now, I am just waiting to hear back from them and praying every minute until I do.  I haven't heard back about the other position yet, but I am also hopeful for it as well.  I really need to find a job because come August 17th when camp ends, I have nothing lined up.  Please keep this in your prayers!

Also,  I started reading the Dave Ramsey Total Money Makeover book a few days ago.  After hearing about Erin's experiences using it, and some of the practices she and Stephen have put into place financially because of this program, I really wanted to read about it and give it a try.  I'm just graduating from college and this is truly the time to get my finances on track so that I can pave a smooth road for the rest of my life.  Saving has never been one of my strongest abilities, but I really want to get my school loans paid off and start saving up as much as I can.  After watching my parents and learning how quickly a job can be taken away, and what financial strains that can cause, I want to make sure that I have a safety net in place if that ever happens to me.  Everyone is going to encounter some type of large financial difficulty in their lifetime, and I want to make sure I am prepared when that day comes.  I also really want to get rid of my debt as quickly as possible and stay debt free.  I'm just into the first baby step of his book, and I'm really excited about the practices and tools he recommends to use for success.  My goal is to get all of my college loans paid off over the next five years.  If I can find a good job and manage my finances well I believe this is an attainable goal. All the more reason to keep praying for a job!!

For now, I am working away at day camp and saving every penny I possibly can.  We have a few more days before camp starts, and while there are still quite a few small things to do, I think we are just about ready!  It's going to be a great summer and I'm excited about the changes we are making.  I'm also ready to get these tedious administrative things behind us and begin investing in the kids lives!  After all, that's the whole point of camp!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I'd known at your age what I know now - so I'm really glad to see you and Erin both starting out your lives on your own with this as a priority and a goal.  If all my stupid mistakes and suffering will spare you two, then it was all worth it!

    ReplyDelete