Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Thursday Thoughts

Figuring out God's plan for my life has been weighing heavily on my heart and mind lately. I'm at the point of my life where every wants me to figure out what I want to do for the rest of my life. What I want to be, what I want my career to be, what my next step will be, etc. And although I decided freshman year that I wanted to make Interior Design my career path, I cannot shake the feeling that I'm supposed to be doing more with my life.

I often find myself thinking about where I want my interior design career to go. A few months ago I heard of a woman who makes over homeless shelters, and I find myself quite often wanting to explore that pathway. I'd love to find someway to use my talent in Interior Design to bring glory to God. I don't want to just be an ordinary woman in an ordinary career just going through life with out thinking. I feel like, no I know, I'm supposed to do more in life. Missions work in interior design- I figure its not common but possible.

Also ever since I left Haiti a year ago, there has not been a single day that I have not longed to be back there. I'm beginning to believe that God may be calling me to missions in Haiti. I desperately want to go back and spend time with Dorothy, one of the missionaries we worked with in Haiti. I fell in love with the work she's doing and I fell in love with the kids she's helping. I'm actually hoping to go back next summer and spend a week or two with her.

I honestly don't know what God's plans are exactly for my life. I'm beginning to see the possibilities slowly unfold, and I'm excited to see what he has in store for me. Please pray for me as I go along this journey. Pray that I will be receptive to God's plans for my life, that I will be faithfully willing to go where ever He leads me, and that I will be patient and faithful as I wait on His timing.

1 comment:

  1. Allyson, I often have these EXACT thoughts--about feeling I was meant to do more in life, wanting to bring glory to God, and feeling called to missions in Honduras. It took me a really long time to accept the fact that I don't necessarily have to be Mother Theresa. That EVERY thing I do in life can bring glory to God, even just being an "ordinary" person with an "ordinary" job. Take both of our parents for instance--they may not have careers devoted to Christ or be missionaries overseas, but they raised wonderful kids, were active in the church, and bring glory to God everyday in my opinion. I know this is a struggle (it is for me too!!!) but I hope you can find peace in whatever God plans for your life!!! Take care,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete