Sunday, September 5, 2010

How I Did It: Part 3

One of the best ways I got through everything, was by leaning on my support system. For me that system consisted of three of the most important women in my life. My mom, my sister, and best friend Cassie. I was able to call them anytime, for any reason, for however long I needed them, and they would listen even if all I could do was cry. I would have never made it through without them.

For Example: There was one night, where I had been laying in bed crying for hours feeling like my world had come crumbling down upon me. It was around 1am and I didn't think any of them would still be awake so I thought I'd have to face the night alone. Finally around 2am I texted my mom, thinking I wouldn't get a response but having no idea what else to do. To my surprise, she called me within 10 minutes of that text message and stayed up for over an hour listening to me cry and talk about everything going on that night. It meant the world that she was willing to do that for me, and she truly was the reason I made it through that night and was able to get some sleep.

So my advice to anyone going through a really hard time right now is to get a support system, and keep them close. There is nothing more comforting to know that you have people in your life that love and support you. They gave me advice, hope, love, encouragement, and the strength I needed to face the next day. I am so grateful for all of them.


So thank you Mom, Erin, and Cassie. Thank you for sacrificing your time all those days/nights I needed you. I couldn't have done it without you - Yall are the best! I love you all :)








"If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up." - Ecclesiastes 4:10

1 comment: