Saturday, April 12, 2014

Haiti Bound

Mom, Erin, and I head to Haiti in the morning to spend a week with Jenn and Jeremiah working at Have Faith Haiti Mission (HFHM).  I will also be packing up my items at HFMS to move back home.  I've decided with my back that it is just not physically feasible right now to live and work in Haiti.  This was not an easy decision, and is one I will elaborate on in a later post, but I believe it is the right choice and one God has directed me to.  I am so looking forward to spending this next week back in Haiti though.  I've missed it so much, and I cannot wait to celebrate Easter with Holy Week activities at the mission.

I will update and give more details in the coming days/weeks, but for now it's off to bed! 4:30am is going to come EARLY in the morning.

Please keep our travels and this upcoming week in your prayers.  Some specific ways you can pray for us:

  • For safe and timely travels.  That our bags would arrive on time with no damage or anything missing.
  • For patient and loving attitudes throughout the week.
  • For my physical health and strength.  My back is still very limited and begins to hurt quickly.  Please pray that there will be little to no pain, and that I will have the strength to endure the activities ahead.
  • Pray for the kids and workers at HFHM. Pray that these activities will help them to truly understand the meaning of Easter and will impact their lives for the better.

Off to Haiti we go (again!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment